I must admit I’m not a great swimmer, but recently I have found my love for it. I have found it a great way to unwind but exercise also, and after an intense gym session, it really helps to loosen off my muscles and cool me down. So what’s the benefits of adding swimming into your training?
- Keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- Builds endurance and muscle strength
- Provides a good all-over body workout as nearly all muscles are used during a swim
- Its appropriate for people with injuries, arthritis and other conditions
- Good option for people with asthma
- Can boost your mood and help manage stress
- Safe during pregnancy
- Water supports 90% of your body weight
- Can increase your energy levels
- Works on cardiovascular fitness
- Suitable for all ages and fitness levels
- Burns calories
So why not make your way to your local pool, its a great way to start getting back into fitness!